Monday, November 7, 2011

Lots of ideas...so here's another one, or two...-Krystal Sweitzer

I feel like I am still absorbing everything we read for this week. I want to engage with those texts, but after reading the posts on here, was sparked with even more ideas, and so am left at that crossroads of where to begin! I think a good night of sleep will help me sort through the clutter of trying to not only understand our readings (I found "The Melancholy of Race" incredible), but to engage with them in a meaningful way. So instead I'd like to share some TED talks...

href="http://www.ted.com/talks/majora_carter_s_tale_of_urban_renewal.html">www.ted.com/talks/majora_carter_s_tale_of_urban_renewal.html

^This is an incredible woman who addresses many of the issues that run tangent to Cheng's "The Melancholy of Race" Environmental Racism in an entirely new light...

And here's one from Malcolm Gladwell, mostly on spaghettie sauce, and surprisingly about human hapiness, which I think speaks to Goldstein's discussion on identity:


href="http://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_on_spaghetti_sauce.html">www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_on_spaghetti_sauce.html

I'm hoping to most more (read: more academic...) tomorrow, but for tonight I'm signing off and will see you all in class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment