Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Folklore Festivals and Tucson meet yourself

After attending Tucson meet yourself I have realized that I need to attend more festivals like this. Back home in Chicago we have something similar called the Taste of Chicago but the focus is mainly food and not so much about performances. I would like to note that Tucson meet yourself was much more affordable and lively then the Taste of Chicago. As a whole I saw  Tucson s downtown public areas turn in to a center of disorder. By that I mean that children were running up and down, jumping inside of fountains, police officers were jamming to Zamba music with the crowd, and most importantly people from different ethnicities and social class were able to share a meal. Even after reading Champ and Lloyd's article to not to recreate Folk life festivals, I have to disagree with them even though they make some valuable critics.

No comments:

Post a Comment